Tuesday, March 27, 2012

No Boil Lasagna

I love this lasagna, mainly because it's simple to put together and then throw in the oven for a quick dinner. You don't have to boil the noodles ahead of time. It's extremely cheesy, which is our favorite! I found this recipe in a church cookbook I purchased and cook this all the time, it's a big hit!

The cookbook is called The Fruit of the Spirit and was purchased from Bible Baptist Church in Savannah, GA. I love church cookbooks, something about church ladies and their cooking that is sooo good.

My picture is not the best, but believe me this is really good! I typically put the broiler on for about 5 minutes after I bake for that bubbly cheese effect. (picture taken before the broiler). 
Recipe for No Boil Lasagna
1 -15oz. container of Ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
2 -26oz. jars of pasta sauce
1 -1lb. pkg. of uncooked lasagna noodles (this is where the no boil comes in)
1 lb. ground Italian sausage or lean ground beef cooked & drained
4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine Ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and eggs in a bowl mix well. Grease a 15x9 baking dish and spread 1 c. of pasta sauce on the bottom. Top with half of the uncooked lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, cooked meat, pasta sauce, and mozarella cheese. Repeat layering until all ingredients are used. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 1 hour. I will broil mine on low for 5 minutes to get the bubbly cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment