Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sweet Creations

I was so excited to  be chosen from House Party to be a Duncan Hines Frosting Creations hostess. If you aren't familiar with House Party, check it out! House Party is the place where you can register to become a hostess for several different products - share with your friends and give the company your feedback.

On with the show... I invited several friends to taste the new Duncan Hines frosting flavors. I started baking at 8:00 Saturday morning and finished the last icing around 2:45p.m. just squeaking by before my 3:00 guest.
I made 3 dozen cupcakes, 2 dozen sugar cookies, icecream cake cones, and 2 cakes. It smelled so delicious in my kitchen.

So here is my take on the flavors, along with my guests. Our favorites were the strawberry shortcake, orange creme(probably my most favorite - taste just like the orange cremesicles), caramel, chocolate marshmallow and 2 got mixed reviews - mocha and mint chocolate chip: some of us loved it and others said it was ok. Personally I thought the mocha smelled the most delightful and was yummy and my sister-n-law agreed!

The frostings gave us a bright and beautiful color and didn't taste artificial, they were creamy. I have posted some pics from my party below. Hope you enjoy!

                                                    What the frosting and flavors look like
        My daughters favorite to create, mint chocolate chip cake cones with Duncan Hines devil food cake &                                                   frosting creation mint chocolate chip
 This was the overall favorite: white cake with strawberry shortcake frosting and I added some actual strawberries to the mix -yummy! The pink was so vibrant.
                                 Our table of Duncan Hines goodies~ We had a blast tasting everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment