Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pinterest for the Weekend

Yes, I admit it... I'm addicted to Pinterest. I have found all kind of neat, cute, yummy ideas on Pinterest. Most of the time I wonder if I'll ever do any of them, however I did find time this weekend to try out taco bowls. As soon as I seen these little mini bowls I knew my kids would love them. So off to the store to purchase 6" tortillas. The picture below shows my finished creation along with ground turkey. chopped tomatoes, cheese, shredded lettuce and some sourcream. It was a fun novelty,  got the kids to eat veggies and the shell was yummy to eat afterwards! I made a few extra so they could have them at school for lunch the next day, it was obviously a hit with the other kids.
So as Pinterest says you take your 6" tortillas sprinkle with a little water, pop in the micro for a minute then spray each side with cooking spray. Take your muffin tins flip them upside down and place your tortillas in between the cups to create the bowl - 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes and poof - magic taco bowls!

No comments:

Post a Comment