Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Box Lunch

I'm sure you have all heard of Bento Box lunches or other quick portioned lunch containers. These containers create a fun and healthy way to fix lunch on the go. I have read and wanted to purchase some myself but just have not sat down to do it. Well.. my wonderful husband brought me a coupon, I love coupons - I am in no way an extreme couponer but who doesn't like to save money on stuff they purchase.

So the coupon was for 1.50 off of 2 ziploc containers. I went to Kroger for my shopping trip not really thinking about buying Ziploc containers until I seen these "Bento" type containers - 2 to a package - so 2 packages would be perfect for my family of 4!

This is what I bought, I am on the 2nd day of making my family lunches and so far so good. Seems like cute containers create the want to eat healthier - somehow makes raw carrots and broccoli more fun!

I found the following site on pinterest with tons of lunch making combos:
http://easylunchboxes.smugmug.com/The-Best-Lunchbox-System/Yummy-Lunch-Ideas/10136835_YSuyb#!i=696914291&k=YxmUd

Here's to healthy, portioned eating on the go!
Todays lunch was pb&j on Hawaiian rolls, goldfish and lemon bar in a cupcake liner, apple slices and celery with peanut butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment